Thursday, November 15, 2012

Welcome To My Handwriting part I


I sit here alone
The TV down low
I forget things I once did know
I want the pain to just go away
So I can sleep another day
Because in sleep things fade away
I’m at peace in shades of grey
I awaken with the tide
To prowl the night
Just another lost shadow
Which will fall prey to the light
But the pain still remains
A role of reminder it plays
And brings me back to days of old
When I was young and fresh out of mould
Before the years of hurt and wear
Could dull the mind and bring hatred to bear
Now the tumor of what is to be
Grows and spreads and consumes me
No operation can set me free
I’m dammed for all eternity
Soon the rest of you will see
As you stare down that deep dark hole
What ails us all
Is cancer of the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment