Thursday, November 15, 2012

Because it comes to mind in bits and pieces

My past wants to swallow me whole

      It's a demon and hungry

I try so hard to hold it back

      I'm not so sure I want to anymore

The emptiness it brings to me upon it's breath



Where is now? Where was it then?
    Has it become one and the same?
A jumping point to the end
 
 Because it's just the sum of it all
I don't want to be the sum of all my parts
    I want to be greater than the whole
Love for what remains for the light out in the cold
    There's so much more to what we are
You're bigger than your fears
    I love you for your flaws
For each and every scar you bear
    Stand at the edge of all you know
Scream into the Void as it rages around you

What is now? What was it then?
    Has it become one and the same?
A jumping point to the end

Can you forgive the mistakes?
    I don't think I can
I don't mean the ones you've made
    I've let them go before they began
The mistake I've laid at the feet of the ones I loved
    Those I just cant let go
I hold onto them like dirty treasures
    Stand holding them and hating what they are

I'm trying to damn hard to make the words mean something
    But all it is cant stand
For something from nothing
    And it always means nothing
Empty words for forgotten times
    I used to believe in what was between the lines
But now I wonder if they were just blank spaces after all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment