Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nightmares and Dreamscapes

I woke once in an Ice cold sweat

I began my journey then

Begging for forgiveness

Repenting for my sins

I traveled over the valleys of my soul

I wander upon them still

Redemption comes not to me

This man remains a fool

A prisoner trapped inside my destiny

I wont come upon an end

So I scream to empty skies

Hollow words to Judging eyes

My truths ring lies upon my hearts stony cliffs

My heart's rock sends back no replies

So I climbed the mountains of my mistakes

And come always to walls

When a man climbs beyond his means

All that's lefts to fall

I swim across an endless sea

Salty from my tears

And from the depths far below I swim from year to year

Swift I move but still to slow

All choices made will catch me unprepared

Memories haunt the darkened glades

Remind me of my faults

Broken now I bend my will

And ask you take me in

Shelter from the raging storm

I burn within my frozen heart and cast away your skin

Touch me not

Lest you catch this sickness that hides within

Let me pay the debts I owe

Let the light back in

Yet I fear the cost to much to give

That I cant make the bill

Ask however that I try

And that for once perchance that this time I wont fail

No comments:

Post a Comment