Thursday, November 15, 2012

Time Backwards Rolls


It’s been a long time oh so long
Since I've traveled back
                Back down the roads to my heart
How over grown and shady they've become
                Now there’s moss on every stone
I've kept away so many years
                Left thing unattended
Given in to so many fears

                It’s been a time oh so long
Since I've traced the tracks of my tears
                I've lived through a drought
My eyes have been dry far too many years
                But a floods gonna come
Wash away the dirt
                It’s got to be done
I need it to happen
                I need to be clean

It’s been a long time oh so long
                Since I've lived and loved
Long so long since I stood my ground
                I make all my choices the easy way out
I've run my last breath
                My lungs collapsing
                

No comments:

Post a Comment