Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Flood Upon Me


 I took a walk today and cried a thousand tears
                I tried to run away you see and ran straight to my fears

I tripped and fell today and cried a thousand tears
                I broke my heart you see it was worn from all the years

I tried to find the pieces and cried a thousand tears
                For you see in all the chaos some seemed to disappear

I tried to mend my heart and cried a thousand tears
                For the fact was that my heart you see I could not repair

I came upon a poor young lass and cried a thousand tears
                Upon her soul I could plainly see all the marks and smears

I took her face within my hands and cried a thousand tears
                And yet the look she returned you see made me want to cheer

I found hope at last and cried a thousand tears
                My heart you see newly formed seemed to reappear

I walked with her a thousand miles and wiped away my tears
                As we traveled through this life you see I could plainly hear

 We made love for a thousand nights and dried up all my tears
                Hear I did and what it was you see was music of the spheres


               


No comments:

Post a Comment