Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coals to Diamonds and Back


When it opens
Opens upon your blackness
                Will you let yourself fall
Fall into darkness
                Beyond the void
Dreams may remain
                Impossible dreams
Sanity you can’t maintain

Thoughts become stone
                Heart becomes glass
Diamonds of souls
                uncompressed create coals
Burnout
                From fire to ash
Lives like house in storms
                Shelters beaten and torn

Light my path
                Let your light warm my face
Shelter is all in your words
                And with the arms you embrace

Miles I've walked
                Barefoot and sore
Windows are dark
                Locked are your doors
               
You speak in tongues
                Quote lies that are key
If its all truth
                I have a chance to be free

If you mean what you say
                Then why cant you stay
Why do you push
                And cast me away
Speech drew me in
                My tears you did shed
My heart you beat
                And broke and bled 

No comments:

Post a Comment